Posted to comp.sys.acorn.hardware,uk.d-i-y

Default VGA connections

On Nov 8, 9:53*am, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
*I fairly recently got an LCD TV for the workshop which has a VGA input..
It's situated conveniently for the electronics workbench. The idea being I
could use it for testing any video signal.

*It occurred it would be nice to have it parallel fed off the RPC which is
on the other side of the room to save having to print out circuits etc I
might be following.

*So I bought a 5 mtr VGA lead from Ebay. And a secondhand Rextron VSA18
splitter which has 8 outputs.

*I made up the input lead for that as it requires a male to female type..
I Googled for SVGA pinouts and got different stories - so simply made it
pin for pin compatible with the existing monitor lead using co-ax for the
video signals. The pins with no connection are 4,5,8,12.

If I piggy back it to the RPC monitor lead that works as normal. The same
with the long cable to the TV.

But plug in the splitter - nothing. The 'active' light on the DA does come
on, though, presumably indicating it's getting an input.

I've no paperwork with the Rextron but their site says it works with VGA,
SVGA etc etc.

The obvious conclusion is the DA is faulty - but given the variety of SVGA
connections could I be missing something?

If it doesnt work at all with vga, how can it be anything but faulty
or not compatible?

NT