Posted to alt.home.repair
metspitzer metspitzer is offline

Default Cordless Phones

On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 22:26:43 -0500, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote:

On 11/07/08 05:17 pm metspitzer wrote:

Anyone using the Dect 6.0 phones yet?
How are they better than 5.8 GHz?

We have a set of six Panasonic DECT 6.0 cordless phones. Much better
than the Sony 2.4GHz ones we had befo better range, and they don't
mess with the wireless networking.

I assumed that they were 6.0GHz, but I think I read that they are
1.9GHz. The 6.0 indicates something other than the frequency.

I have no experience of 5.8GHz ones.

Perce

Many phones come with an extra hand set and you can get another one
for around 30 bucks. If I could buy two more off the shelf I think I
would get 4 to start with.

The main time I feel like making phone calls is when I am in the
bathroom. That is where I have my extra handset. That is
probably my most productive time for bill/business calls. I drop my
mail off in the bathroom when it comes from the mailbox.

I would use the third for the kitchen and the 4th probably in the
basement.