Posted to alt.home.repair
James Harvey James Harvey is offline

Default SemiGloss Paint Looks Blotchy

In article ,
Norminn wrote:

Floetrol and Penetrol are great for thinning and levelling. Don't do
more than label advises. I use
the one for alkyd paint for spraying and it works like a charm - use
little Preval sprayers for
louvered doors but the spray pattern is a bit small for a regular door.
It would work nicely if
done right - for louvered doors, I kept a foam brush wrung out in
mineral spirits to catch occ.
drips and runs before they set. If the door was laid flat, it would
probably work nicely.

This is the reason I use only alkyd semi-gloss for doors and trim. Bath
and kitchen walls and
ceilings as well. The blotchiness of your finish could be a result of
not mixing the paint
sufficiently immediately prior to each use. If you did some patching or
filling without priming it
could also cause blotches.

Thanks for the advice.

--
Replies to: zookini 33 at hot mail dot com