Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default more pointless twaddle about toaster-ovens...

William Sommerwerck wrote:

My usual answer: Do you have a thrift store nearby?

A valid question.

I wonder, though, how likely one is to find a _working_ toaster-oven --
particularly a modestly priced one like the GE/B&D -- at a thrift store?
Don't people generally toss out such products when they fail? And if they
haven't failed, why drop them off at a thrift shop?

From estates, when the kids have to get rid of everything after a
parent dies. A freind of mine just closed his store after seven years,
and almost always had one for sale for 5 to 15 dollars.

Another source is a local freecycle group. I see them fairly often,
on my local group.

http://www.freecycle.org/

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html