Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default need suggestions for a multimeter in the shop...

Wes wrote:

Cydrome Leader wrote:

I can't think of any equivalents to a fluke. Just get one of those.

Yup. Not that this will help OP, my trusty Model 12 got dropped one time too many and the
case cracked away and I didn't notice the chunk was missing while there was a chance to
find it. Work is replacing it with an 117, ordered today.

I'm not a tool snob but when it comes to ammeters and DMM's, Fluke is always a safe
choice.

I'm not a fan of the all in ones with the amp clamp. Seems like most I've seen are half
arsed at everything.

Wes

Yes, you can't beat a Fluke. However a good Fluke isn't cheap, and the
$3 on sale Harbor Freight DMMs are very handy, and at that price you can
keep one in every vehicle and every toolbox, and keep the good Fluke
somewhere safe.