Posted to alt.home.repair
Kenneth Kenneth is offline

Default Another Painting Question

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 16:24:31 -0700, "charlie"
wrote:

"Dottie" wrote in message
I bought a lamp at a garage sale - great price, bad color. The lamp
is ceramic, glossy finish. I would like to paint it another color
using spray paint.

I have a nearly new can of Kiltz spray sealer, oil based, for use on
drywall, wood, metal and other shiny finishes. It is for covering
stains and stuff. Will that work as a base coat for what I want? I
could spray it on and after it dries, spray with semi-gloss finish
paint.

If that will not work - what should I look for. Thanks.

spray shellac maybe? it sticks to most anything, and most anything else
sprayed on it can stick.

if the object is too shiny, a quick hit with a sandblaster will give paint
some tooth to stick to.

Howdy,

The OP mentions "Kiltz" but I assume that is "Kilz."

If so, it is shellac...

All the best,
--
Kenneth