Posted to uk.d-i-y
GMM GMM is offline

Default wall chaser

On 7 Nov, 20:54, Martin Carroll wrote:
About to start first fix electrics on the renovation project and was
wondering about buying a wall chaser to speed things up a bit (probably
neater too!).

House is a mixture of lightweight/concrete blocks in the extension and
brick in the original part.

Toolstation have an SDS atachmenthttp://www.toolstation.com/index.html?
r=a&feature=52907&rr=R20m89054fXX4F9K&gclid=CI715o v545YCFQnmlAodW3dsOw
at £75

Screwfix seem to sell a number of different machines with this onehttp://www.screwfix.com/prods/81200/Power-Tools/Grinders/Erbauer-
ERB125Y-125mm-Wall-Chaser at £99 the cheapest.

Anyone had any experience of using any of these care to comment.

Cheers

Martin
--
Martin Carroll

After years of hand chiselling, and thinking of buying chasers etc,
last weekend I cut a chase with an SDS drill and chisel bit. Not only
was it quick and easy, but I bet it made whole lot less mess than a
chaser would. Spend the ton on a half-decent SDS drill and chisel
bit, then you'll have something you can use for a whole lot of other
applications too.