Posted to uk.d-i-y
Norman Billingham[_2_] Norman Billingham[_2_] is offline

Default Cutting boards at 45 degrees

"petercharlesfagg" wrote in message
Friends, thankyou for your ideas regarding my kitchen oven etc.

I know have a different problem!

The kicker boards that are clipped to the legs of the kitchen units.

How can I cut a 45 degree angle on the ends of the boards without
using a special power saw or similar because I do not have them and
hiring them for one job is too prohibitive!

I do have a mitre block but it is only 3,1/2" high and the boards are
6 inches.

There must be a way of marking it up so that I can use an ordinary saw
but it baffles me!

May not be the best approach. It will look good at first if you get it
exactly right - not easy - but the outside corners will be very vulnerable -
essentially the melamine outer skin comes to a feather edge at the edge of
the mitre, leaving it unsupported. Once its been hit by a cleaner or a shoe
a few times it will chip and look awful.

When we did the job I butted the two pieces and the kitchen supliers
provided a bit of plastic capping the same colour as the surface which clips
on the end of the longer length of kick board. Doesn't look quite as
professional but it still looks the same ten years on as it did new.