Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Default Dimples in poly - pix d/l problems - ATTN Kevin

Kevin
Thank you for your constructive comments. I could not find a FAQ for the group, yet still was not aware of the limitatations some had even after lurking here a couple of years.

Some may want to check out some newsgroup info to make things easier:
http://www.slyck.com/ng.php
and
http://www.usenetmonster.com/infocen..._multipart.asp

Otherwise, it's akin to using a pipe wrench to loosen an arbor nut.

Thanks, again.

(This all stemmed from my original post trying to figure out what may have caused a poly finish to have dimples that appeared as if poked with a small finishing nail.)

Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 10:24:14 -0900
From: Kevin Miller

Not everybody uses a reader that can recombine messages. A better
approach is to size the images appropriately prior to sending them, and
to only attach a couple per message, but post multiple messages. This
makes them accessible to everybody w/a minimum amount of fuss.
Also good to be aware of the posting conventions of the group - many
groups perfer yEnc, others have a preponderance of users that can't read
it. (That's the case w/this group). It's best to not post in yEnc
encoding here.
Not picking on anyone or being contentious - just a couple of hopefully
helpful hints.
Best...
...Kevin