Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] flymelitter@cox.net is offline

Default {OT} spread the wealth

On Nov 7, 10:53*am, wrote:
On Nov 7, 10:47*am, "Coleah" wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: badgolferman ]

Posted At: Friday, November 07, 2008 8:40 AM
Posted To: alt.home.repair
Conversation: {OT} spread the wealth
Subject: {OT} spread the wealth

RALEIGH - Democrats in the U.S. House have been conducting hearings on
proposals to confiscate workers' personal retirement accounts -
including 401(k)s and IRAs - and convert them to accounts managed by
the Social Security Administration.

http://www.carolinajournal.com/artic...y.html?id=5081

=============================
Already it begins g?

How many 'middle class' Americans have IRA's or 401K's?
"Share the wealth"....
it will hit everyone, at all levels, at some time.- Hide quoted text -

And the big negative impact on the above 62 year old assumes that
everyone that has an IRA or 401K has it invested 100% in stocks. * Any
competent financial advisor will tell you that you should not
necessarily have 100% in stocks. * And as you approach retirement age,
more should be in fixed income securities.

My own accounts, I only had about a 20% exposure to stocks. * So,
because some other people who don't know how to plan took a 40% hair
cut, we're now supposed to think only the govt can manage our
financial future? *If the govt is so smart, how come they are going
deeper into debt each year? * *You want Barney Frank to handle your
retirement account?- Hide quoted text -

A wag on one of the local radio stations said (late on election night)
"OK, now they can take your money, and spend it on wedding cakes for
gay couples!" I suspect you probably can guess I live in a very
conservative area, but I thought it was a funny line even though I
voted for Mr. Obama.

Cheers,
Mark