Posted to alt.home.repair

Default {OT} spread the wealth

On Nov 7, 10:47*am, "Coleah" wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: badgolferman ]

Posted At: Friday, November 07, 2008 8:40 AM
Posted To: alt.home.repair
Conversation: {OT} spread the wealth
Subject: {OT} spread the wealth

RALEIGH - Democrats in the U.S. House have been conducting hearings on
proposals to confiscate workers' personal retirement accounts -
including 401(k)s and IRAs - and convert them to accounts managed by
the Social Security Administration.

http://www.carolinajournal.com/artic...y.html?id=5081

=============================
Already it begins g?

How many 'middle class' Americans have IRA's or 401K's?
"Share the wealth"....
it will hit everyone, at all levels, at some time.- Hide quoted text -

And the big negative impact on the above 62 year old assumes that
everyone that has an IRA or 401K has it invested 100% in stocks. Any
competent financial advisor will tell you that you should not
necessarily have 100% in stocks. And as you approach retirement age,
more should be in fixed income securities.

My own accounts, I only had about a 20% exposure to stocks. So,
because some other people who don't know how to plan took a 40% hair
cut, we're now supposed to think only the govt can manage our
financial future? If the govt is so smart, how come they are going
deeper into debt each year? You want Barney Frank to handle your
retirement account?