Posted to alt.home.repair
Anthony Lisanti Anthony Lisanti is offline

Default New Wood Fece Termite Damage?

We're talking pine wood. Usually I have an exterminator check and
spry twice a year for spiders, ants, termites and everything else. I
don't know what it could be. Plus it's starting to get cold here in
North part of NJ. It's not much damage, but I honestly am clueless to
when the damage occurred. I haven't noticed until I started the
treatment.

On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 20:55:53 -0800 (PST), z
wrote:

On Nov 6, 6:58*am, Anthony Lisanti wrote:
I just installed a new wood fence on my property about 6 months ago. I
just got around to treating it with water seal, and I've noticed one
part the wood seems mushy with little holes, here and there. * They
appear to be oval shape on a 45' angle. * It's on a very small part of
the fence.

Is this termites or what? * I can only assume it is, since the house
was treated 5 years ago before I bought it. *If I finish sealing the
rest of the fence, would the treatment deter these things?

if the wood rottted first, all kinds of innocuous scavenger type
beetles will happily do you the favor of removing it for you without
needing any bugs that actually eat solid wood.