Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default need suggestions for a multimeter in the shop...

On Nov 7, 12:00*pm, wrote:
I would like some suggestions for a good fluke or equiv brand meter,
with the "amp clamp" add on deal... I will be taking my chances at the
local pawn shops so a model number suggestion would be fantastic!!!!!

TIA!

The only one I had trouble with was a Sears with a DC current scale
that wouldn't hold zero. I have several used analog Amprobe clamp-ons,
one of which reads low. It has a suspicious typewritten calibration
tag that suggests it may have been customized.

The KillAWatt is reputedly accurate enough to use for calibration;