Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default need suggestions for a multimeter in the shop...

wrote:
Has to have the inductive type clamp as I need a meter to measure the
amperage draw my machines are using... have mostly single phase stuff,
and a couple of VFD driven 3 phase motors. I would also like to be
able to measure the alternator output on some of the older shop
vehicles.

I would like some suggestions for a good fluke or equiv brand meter,
with the "amp clamp" add on deal... I will be taking my chances at the
local pawn shops so a model number suggestion would be fantastic!!!!!

TIA!

I can't think of any equivalents to a fluke. Just get one of those.