Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Imagine

On Nov 7, 6:00*pm, "PeterMcC" wrote:
"Rod" wrote in message

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Imagine, 30+ years ago, you told your mates "I've just bought a new
electric drill, it was made in Japan". *Hoots of laughter & derision..

You carried on "it runs on 12v batteries". *By this time said mates would
be wetting themselves.

How things move on.....

Imagine, 30+ years ago, you told your mates "In 30+ years time, I'll post
a story:

'Imagine, 30+ years ago, you told your mates "I've just bought a new
electric drill, it was made in Japan".

Hoots of laughter & derision.

You carried on "it runs on 12v batteries". *By this time said mates would
be wetting themselves.

How things move on.....'"

Even more amazing, people will read it *on their home computers* and write

And then, imagine their response, when you told them that all this would be
possible through a system called "Usenet" - but it's main use would be as a
medium for hurling abuse at people the writers had never met.

And would they believe you?

Lol, too funny. The Apple 2 & BBS era.

NT