Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Immersion Heater - Element Length

Bob Mannix wrote:
"A.Lee" wrote in message
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when
the drugs began to take hold. I remember Geo
saying something like:

If your cylinder is also indirectly heated from a CH boiler then
the coil
/may/ obstruct a longer immersion heater.

They're designed not too - although you wouldn't believe that from
the struggle you sometimes have to get the bloody thing in past the
coil.

It sounds like you have done one before, so how did you get the old
one out?
I tried to get my mates out, but it wouldnt budge.
Alan.

Black art and luck. Don't drain the system until it starts to budge -
modern tanks have very little strength when full and none at all when
empty. Local heating, Plus-Gas, sacrifice, prayer, incantations and
the preparedness to buy a new tank are essential.

The ring type flat spanners are all but useless. The box spanner type is
much better.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk