Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kevin Poole[_6_] Kevin Poole[_6_] is offline

Default Boiler pressure sensor

Kevin Poole wrote:
My son's Glow-worm 30cxi condensing combi has performed perfectly for 3
years.

Today, it didn't fire up. The display was flashing a pressure of
0.4bar, so he opened the filling valve. He heard some water flow in,
but the pressure barely changed, and the flow soon stopped.

snip

To conclude the tale:

Much checking around found prices for a new sensor varying by a factor
of more than 4. MJT Controls in Bristol (http://www.mjtcontrols.co.uk)
were by far the cheapest at £21.58 plus delivery and VAT, and they gave
an excellent service.

The tip of the old pressure sensor was covered in rusty gunge, and I
suppose a through clean may have unblocked its most intimate passages,
but with a new one to hand, I just fitted it. All is now well.

Moral: when, a few days after installing a heating system, you hand your
son a bottle of inhibitor and tell him to add it to his system (and how
to do so), don't assume he will do it. I think it's now due for a dose
of X400 or similar.

But I still don't know how the sensor works.

--
Kevin Poole
****Use current date to reply (e.g. )****