Mike in Mystic

Default table saw refinishing

I'm assuming you have a cast iron table surface. Spray the surface
liberally with WD-40 and let it sit for a few minutes, longer if the rust is
particularly bad. Take a green scotch-brite pad and either by hand or on a
hook-and-loop orbital sander rub the surface to remove the rust and polish
the top. I've done this several times and never had a problem getting light
oxidation off of my tools.

After that, I use a product called TopCote by Bostik
(http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...40952&category
=1,43415,43440) watch the wrap on the URL.

This seals and lubricates the surface very well.

Mike

--

There are no stupid questions.
There are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

"Jim H" wrote in message
.. .
Someone help a Rookie

I just bought a three year old Delta table saw which I really love, but

the
surface on the table is not really smooth and slick. There is maybe some
very light oxidation or something on it. What is the best way to smooth it
and what should I put on it to slick it up?

Thanks Jim H