Posted to alt.home.repair
BobR BobR is offline

Default I cried...

On Nov 6, 6:01*pm, Douglas Johnson wrote:
BobR wrote:
I agree, it was partisan politics at its worst but you also have to
consider that it was pretty much tit for tat since the existing
districts in place at that time were so convoluted in the opposite
direction that the democrats deserved what they got. *They had been in
control for the prior 100 years and they had been redrawing the
districts to ensure democratic wins in the majority of districts.
When that failed, they abandon ship.

Sigh. *I don't let my grandchildren use the "he hit me first" excuse. *Why
should I let politicians? *

I also don't let them run away and pout just because the get what's
coming to them.

I really laughed my ass off during that time. *They looked so foolish,
like a bunch of children that if they couldn't be in control...they
would just quit.

Both sides were being very childish. *Three, count them, three special sessions
to redistrict. *Meanwhile, they were busy ignoring school financing. *We really
need politicians that put country (or state) ahead of party. * They seem to be
equally scarce on both sides of the aisle.

-- Doug

Yeah, they were. When we vote for the politicians simply because they
belong to one party or the other, because they are white or black,
because they are good looking, or any of a host of reasons beyond
their ability to represent the views of the voter, we get what we
deserve.