Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default Spread the wealth???

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
If you don't wish to be considered vulgar, ill-mannered, and incapable of
debate without resorting to personal abuse, then you shouldn't call people
things like "asshole" and "lying piece of decrepit ****" when they

disagree
with you.

I don't really care if someone considers me vulgar or ill-mannered Doug. In
the midst of a perfectly cordial discussion about public health care, Tim
initiated the name calling by labelling me as evil and a thief for using it.
I took Tim's comments (and still do) as an assault on my integrity. As a
proud Canadian, I also took his comments as derogatory insults against my
country. You and many others seem to think that the USA is the only country
with patriots, which is a very self-centred point of view. Anyway, I
responded in kind and as I saw fit. Whether the names used are vulgar and
insulting or run of the mill insults, it adds up to the same thing as far as
I'm concerned.

If Tim (or you) can't deal with the name calling, whatever it's form, then
he shouldn't be tossing out insults in the first place without expecting a
response. Especially so, since he doesn't know me personally and has never
previously had any dealings with me.

Tim is exactly what I've said he is. It seems I'm not the only one who
thinks so.

There, are you happy now? I haven't used one vulgar word.