Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles John Stumbles is offline

Default Lidl again

On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 22:50:04 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

I'd just like a cheap bog standard car radio - no CD/whatever, just a
radio. The Sony one I put in my van 18 months ago won't mute ot change
station now. Don't spose they make anything that simple now.

Ford ones are good - I've got one in my Tranny and it does the RDS (or
whatever it's called) thing properly - we're in a crap FM reception area
with 2 or 3 different frequencies which you've got to jump between when
driving about, and it just does it seamlessly. I think it's got a
cassette player but I don't bother with that. (The radio I bought with the
USB MP3 player is part of my portable for work when I've got a long
relatively boring job in one place where I'd like to be able to play my
own music from a memory stick when there's nothing good on the radio.
There's also one in the family car for long journeys.)

--
John Stumbles

Death is nature's way of telling you to slow down