Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon Grimly Curmudgeon is offline

Default Excitation of 65 Kva Alternator

drugs began to take hold. I remember Andy Dingley
saying something like:

You can claim back the duty you pay on petrol if you jump through the
right hoops with HMR&C.

Really? Last time I dealt with this (vintage tractors) the whole non-
road petrol supply chain was being withdrawn owing to lack of demand
(and potential for abuse). You must (AFAIK) pay duty on fuel _unless_
it's dyed to make it traceable, and dyed petrol was going out of
production.

Aviation spirit used be blue, iirc, and I don't see that going out of
production. [1] There's certainly a mechanism in place for reclaiming
duty paid on that if you're going abroad with it - I would think there
would still be a demand for that, and it's essentially the same
procedure.

[1] My Minivan ran great on it.