Posted to alt.home.repair
Mortimer Schnerd, RN Mortimer Schnerd, RN is offline

Default I cried...

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
The political parties accurately reflect the views of their membership. If
you want them to change, get active in the party of your choice and become
an advocate.

They accurately reflect the views of the MOST active part of their
membership. Of course, that still means you have to get involved.

You beat me to it. As a North Carolina resident, I removed myself from the
Republican Party roles this year to become an independent. That freed me up to
choose which primary election I wanted to vote. By the time NC has its primary,
the Republican frontrunner is long chosen, so voting in the Republican primary
is an exercise in futility. It was the Democratic primary that provided me with
a choice. I voted for Hillary because she appeared most likely to lose in NC.
I wanted the most divisive candidate to win for the Democrats. I thought the
longer the Democrats remained divided, the easier they'd be to defeat.

America has demonstrated that she is sick of the current situation. The
Republicans had the power and ****ed it away. I fully expect the Democrats to
do the same. Many in Congress are there only to serve themselves. I'd strongly
support term limits to do away with the professional politician as a career
choice. Didn't the Republicans have some sort of term limit included in their
"contract with America"? I seem to recall my local congresscritter Sue Myrick
signed the contract. Of course, she continues to run in every election. I
guess she didn't mean "her".

I look forward to seeing what can be done by a new administration in righting
the nation. I hope they don't **** it up but I don't hold all that much hope.
And I hope the campaign rhetoric about Obama turns out to be just that:
rhetoric. We'll see.

If the Democrats pile on and push through a bunch of very divisive stuff, look
to see yet another cleaning out of incumbents in 4 years.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com