Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default I cried...

Coleah wrote:

"Put America First"....just what exactly does that mean?

How? and by who's standard of interpretation?
As in...the rest of the world can take a back seat?

Could we.....
Start buying products and goods made in the USA?
No matter if they are lower quality and more expensive?
[Perhaps American workers can start to pay more attention, be more
thorough, become more competent and raise their personal standards of
quality?]

That is exactly the WRONG thing to do. Adam Smith firmly put this silliness
to rest in the 18th Century with his work "The Wealth of Nations." Each
country should do what it does best and trade for the products and services
of what another country does better. That way everybody prospers.

Could we......
Forget about all the bleeding heart foreign aid and take care of our
own people better?

Very little of our foreign aid is in cash. Virtually all of our foreign aid
is in the form of purchase credits against the goods and services of
American companies (food, fighter planes, etc.). As such, it is a direct
subsidy to American workers.