Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
SoCalMike SoCalMike is offline

Default Where are YOU cutting back?

Stuart wrote:
In article ,
J. Clarke wrote:
My machine is about 5 years old and it runs Vista just fine. And it
wasn't cutting edge when it was new. It did get a new video board
about a year ago, but that was because the old one died--it was
running Vista fine to the end.

Even the last machine I built, a few months ago, has XP on it. I'm not
touching Vista with a barge pole - far too many issues with it.

Sorry wrong newsgroup for mickysoft rants.

one reason i decided on an acer netbook laptop over any other kind of
cheap one was that it runs XP. having a 120GB HDD and costing only $349
didnt hurt either. built in wireless too!