Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Buerste Buerste is offline

Default Bench grinder motor for Ig

Anybody need a 40hp 3-ph motor for a bench grinder, drill press or such? It
might take some adapting. I'm finally dismantling my dust collection system
not that I get all my blocks made elsewhere. The 40hp powered the 48"
blower connected to the bag house outside. The little bit of woodworking we
do now has small 1hp collectors on each shaper. Gee, for some reason my gas
bill is 1/3 of what it was! I figure the 40hp costs about $12/hr to run so
it might not be cost effective for a bench grinder but it sure would keep a
6" wheel turning when you bear down on it!

We put it on Craigs list for $850 but I sure would take a lot less.