Posted to alt.home.repair
trailer[_2_] trailer[_2_] is offline

Default metal table question

I have a round metal table with a mesh table top that is divided into four
sections. Underneath the mesh are four bars from the center of the table
connecting to the outside circumference of the table.

A couple of the sections of the mesh table top have an annoying 'bounce' in
that you can press down slightly on the mesh and it will have a slight
spring back to it. Can be somewhat messy if food is bounced out of a bowl.

Is there is way to prevent this 'bounce' from occurring?

I suppose I could get a welder to weld some bars in the center of the
sections, but that might cost more than the table cost (Wal-Mart). I've
noticed that some metal tables have am extra bar in the sections to prevent
this spring back from happening.

Thanks for any suggestions.