Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Proctologically Violated©®[_2_] Proctologically Violated©®[_2_] is offline

Default CNC Enclosure

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
http://www.cadcamcadcam.com/images/v.../enclosure.jpg

Any of you guys use something like this?

What is the benefit or perceived benefit?

I was thinking I might make a vinyl cover for my mill to keep dust and
other shop particle out of the slide surfaces and screws to reduce
abrasive wear and increase the life of my machine. Now I am wondering if
an enclosure might be better. As I type I am thinking also that it might
reduce working noise while running a CNC program. I've got a sewing
machine and a welder on standby. LOL.

Very nice, and certainly cain't hurt.
Allows flood coolant, instead of mist, contains chips, etc.
I don't think it will do much for noise, unless you really make a project
out of it -- and, with coolant, might be very difficult to impact on noise.

How big is your machine?

If as big as a BP, I've seen people build a box on the table itself, to
catch chips, coolant.
--
PV'd