Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bruce[_4_] Bruce[_4_] is offline

Default Lidl again

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
I'd just like a cheap bog standard car radio - no CD/whatever, just a
radio. The Sony one I put in my van 18 months ago won't mute ot change
station now. Don't spose they make anything that simple now.

Problem is the vast majority are made for new cars and few would want one
without those. So due to economies of scale a radio only might just cost
more.

Participating Blaupunkt dealers used to offer a supply of refurbished
versions of earlier ICE units. I don't know if they still do them,
but about 3 years ago I obtained a simple Blaupunkt AM/FM radio with a
six month warranty for about £35. Reception was excellent.