Posted to alt.home.repair
BobR BobR is offline

Default I cried...

On Nov 5, 10:22*am, wrote:
On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 15:17:19 GMT, "joe" wrote:
Just a centrist party? *How about a five party system? *the current left and
right would occupy the extremes, then just fill the inbetween. *You could
get your party, then a liberal/conservative and a conservative/liberal. *It
would be interesting, anyway.

I won't hold my breath for it however.

jc

You guys both need to take a deep breath and read what I wrote a
second time. Despite the hysterics, Obama is, in fact, within a stones
throw of the center, as is John McCain. That's precisely why the vote
was as close as it was. I think you are going to see John McCain doing
his best to work with Obama for the common goal of moving us forward
and fixing some of the damge wrought in the past 8 years. You will
also see all those who really want to "put America first" doing the
same.

get out of "campaign mode". *The campaign is now OVER and the fat lady
has sung. Watch John McCain and follow his example.

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote in message
m...

wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 23:07:37 -0800, "Zoot" wrote:
The popular vote split indicates that we all average out near the
center. That's not divided - it's unified. All we lacked was a leader
who undferstands that.

The political parties need to understand it as well. *This pandering to
the extremes of the left and right are what's divided the country. *I
would love to have a centrist party.

The Republicans left me behind when they started kissing fundamentalist
ass. And the Democrats conspire to deprive me of my God given right to
defend myself by their attempts to redefine the 2nd Amendment.

I know very few people who would buy all of their party's positions. *Most
of them are like me, who agree with aspects of both.... but not all. *The
parties need to move closer to us instead of expecting us to come to them.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com- Hide quoted text -

What...you don't want to follow the example that the Democrats have
set for the last eight years? OK, I will give him a chance but I will
also be keeping score on the number of promises that he breaks.