Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default I cried...

Kurt Ullman wrote in news:kurtullman-
:

In article ,

wrote:

You guys both need to take a deep breath and read what I wrote a
second time. Despite the hysterics, Obama is, in fact, within a stones
throw of the center, as is John McCain. That's precisely why the vote
was as close as it was. I think you are going to see John McCain doing
his best to work with Obama for the common goal of moving us forward
and fixing some of the damge wrought in the past 8 years. You will
also see all those who really want to "put America first" doing the
same.

This is an illustration of why it is pretty much a waste of time and
energy to get into the arguments about who is more centrist. It is a
relative term and very person specific. From my personal standpoint, I
see Obama as much further right of center than McCain is left. I would
bet that you would argue that point rather strongly (since you already
have). YOU ain't gonna change my mind and I have seen nothing in our
rather colorful debate history that indicates any chinks in your outlook
on politics. So, why don't we just realize that, pundits not
withstanding, conservative and liberal are not remotely set in stone and
depend greatly on the individual's perspective. Something that is likely
not all that open to discussion.

Obama was ranked as the MOST LEFTIST of the entire Senate.
OTOH,McCain is considered a RINO,that would make him "centrist".

Interestingly(and ironically),Obama would not have qualified for a security
clearance,but now he's got access to all US secrets.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik