Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default I cried...

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:
wrote in message
On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 23:07:37 -0800, "Zoot" wrote:
The popular vote split indicates that we all average out near the
center. That's not divided - it's unified. All we lacked was a leader
who undferstands that.

The political parties need to understand it as well. This pandering to the
extremes of the left and right are what's divided the country. I would love to
have a centrist party.

You won't hear an argument from me. It seems we pick full bore left or
right. Clearly the republicans main purpose was to enrich the fat cats
by fostering a totally opaque "free market economy". But electing Obama
is just a total move to the other direction. I have pride in our country
and I don't want a president that the "world would have elected" as is
touted with Obama because the world wants the US to be weaker and
diminished in stature. Thats what Obama stands for.

The Republicans left me behind when they started kissing fundamentalist ass.

They left me behind with the opaque "free market" which got us into a
situation that was so leveraged and convoluted that no one could understand.

And the Democrats conspire to deprive me of my God given right to defend myself
by their attempts to redefine the 2nd Amendment.

I know very few people who would buy all of their party's positions. Most of
them are like me, who agree with aspects of both.... but not all. The parties
need to move closer to us instead of expecting us to come to them.

Exactly, I don't want to drink only either red or blue kool-aid.