Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default I cried...

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

I consider myself a Republican and will concede Obama did inherit a
mess from Bush. You think things are going well?

At least "fair."

* Gas is less than $2.00/gallon. You'll note that since Bush revoked the
Executive Order banning offshore drilling in the middle of June, gasoline
prices have fallen by half.

I still think it is interesting that for the last year or so, the
oil futures have been in lock-step with the rises and falls of the US$.
I think a lot of this has to do with the use of oil futures for hedging
the dollar instead of buying oil and the price rise in oil wasn't
entirely related to the demand for oil as to the demand for dollar
hedges. That and the ridiculous 10% margin requirements.