Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default Voltage Converter - Power Specs.

In , nr
wrote:

I may be going to England soon and have been looking at voltage
converter kits. I've seen some that say they only work with items
using 500 watts to 1600 watts. I can understand the maximum wattage
amount, but why would they have a minimum? These are not expensive
converters.

Those high wattage ones (as opposed to ones around 40-50 watts) are only
good for devices that lack electronics, ballasts or motors. The high
wattage ones merely chop the waveform and pass through a higher peak
voltage.

- Don Klipstein )