Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Excitation of 65 Kva Alternator

On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 08:14:50 +0000, tony sayer wrote:

In the future I may use it to charge up inverter batteries for a
combined heat and power set up, running on bio-diesel. It will be
neater to directly couple it so I would prefer to run at 1500.

And easier to find a diesel engine with useable grunt at 1500 rpm.

the water being plumbed in to a hot water tank and central heating.
Waste not, want not.

Diesels are much more thermodynamicly effcient than petrols and don't
produce much waste heat unless they are being asked to work. But as you
say waste not want not.

Set up a project website so we can see the Gennie's progress:-))...

Yeah, an interesting project.

--
Cheers
Dave.