Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cutting acrylic in place

In article ,
BigWallop wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article
,
Eric wrote:
What might be the best way to cut the acrylic? I could spend £30 on
a Dremel tool but it sounds like overkill. A jigsaw will not work
since the wall is on the other side of the sheet. The score and
break method is not right for this job. Keep going round and round
but coming back to the Dremel. There must be an alternative….

Sounds like a job for - tara - MultiMaster

My Bosch would be to heavy for a little job like acrylic sheet.
Although, now you mention it, there is a ceramic blade that might just
do it. I'd like to try it on a spare bit of sheet first though, but it
might just be the very thing for this type of job.

On with the goggles to go and try it. :-)

I'd say the semi-circular saw blade that came with my Fein perfect for
this - use at a slow speed to prevent melting.

--
*It's o.k. to laugh during sexŒ.Œ.just don't point!

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.