Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Mike is offline

Default Review: Zenith DTT901 DTV converter box

On Nov 4, 5:07*pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 11/4/2008 10:18 AM Mike spake thus:

On Oct 31, 3:57 pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:
Just used my gubmint'-issued $40 credit and bought the box (at a local
Circuit City). Got the only one they had, the Zenith DTT901. Now I'm
wondering whether I should have shopped around first.

Not big deals, since I don't really care that much about TV anyhow. I'd
be curious to hear similar reports on other converter boxes.

How about the blue light on it? *That thing will light up a dark room,
or it seems that way when I wake up in the middle of the night.

I take it you never turn yours off.

Yeah, that power indicator light is weird. Blue when on, red when off,
both garish and bright. Who designed that? For my money, I'd rather see
*no* light when it's off.

Hey David -

Yes, I set my box to never turn off. Why? Well, I have 2 of these
boxes, one of which is hooked to a Tivo and the Tivo instructions told
me to set the box to always stay on (otherwise they shut off after a
certain timeframe, which is odd to me). Anyway, I made the change to
both boxes. For what it's worth, the Zenith works great with a Tivo
box driving it.

Mike