Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sofa Slug Sofa Slug is offline

Default Removing Cassette Deck Capstan Motor Pulley

N_Cook wrote:
Sofa Slug wrote in message
No Spam wrote:
On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 17:48:56 -0800, Sofa Slug wrote:

I need to replace a dead capstan motor on a Nakamichi "Cassette Deck

2".
Apparently they are no longer available in stock form, but I may be
able to use a generic capstan motor.

The only problem is that I would have to remove the belt pulley from

the
old motor shaft and press fit it onto the new one. Is this possible to
do without ruining the new motor? (I have an arbor press.)

-Thanks
Heat the pulley. the brass will heat much quicker then the steel shaft.

Thanks for the info. How do you press fit the pulley onto the new motor
shaft without damaging the motor bearing?

Freezer spray io the shaft and hot air gun to the pulley

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

That is genius! Thank you.