Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Cheap Plastics Bender, and a bit of a ramble

On 2008-11-04, wrote:

[ ... ]

I'll clean the stuck plastic off the element with lathe sanding as
before. Maybe I'll wrap it with Tefflon tape next time. There was only
a little sticking.

I would not put Teflon on anything which could get as hot as
those rods. Overheated Teflon produces a toxic gas -- phosgene, IIRC.

If you *insist* on using Teflon there -- I would strongly
suggest that you have very good ventilation -- pumping the air around
the heating elements to the outside.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
(too) near Washington D.C. |