Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design
John Larkin John Larkin is offline

Default Quotation of the minute...

On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 10:33:36 -0600, flipper wrote:

On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 08:11:19 -0800, John Larkin
wrote:

On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 09:37:29 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Mon, 03 Nov 2008 10:25:13 -0600, flipper wrote:

On Sat, 1 Nov 2008 20:09:48 -0400, "Bill Garber"
wrote:

"flipper" wrote in message
om...
On Sat, 01 Nov 2008 14:57:40 -0700, Jim Thompson

wrote:

Quotation of the minute...

"Obama is a charlatan" ~Lawrence Eagleburger

...Jim Thompson

My original take was Obama's a flimflam man but
Eagleburger is probably right in charlatan being
a better word for it.

Barack Obama equals John Kerry.

I do see why you'd say so but, IMO, it's akin to saying malignant
melanoma equals diaper rash. True, they're both skin ailments but one
is significantly worse than the other.

And one example of Obama's charlatanism is, while in public he
advertises he's for lower energy costs, in a just released interview
he states that under his cap and trade tax plan the cost of
electricity will, in his own words, "skyrocket."

So, despite his flowery bull****, if you'd like skyrocketing
electricity costs to go along with skyrocketing gasoline and food
prices then Obama's the man for you.

Bill Garber from GS-Electronics
http://www.garberstreet.com

"If you wish to forget anything on the
spot, make a note that this thing is to
be remembered." (Edgar Allen Poe)

Like I repeatedly say, the resulting depression and civil war will
"level" things out... and rid us of a lot of leftist weenie-wimps ;-)

...Jim Thompson

There is a good chance that a super-leftist Dem prez, and a ditto
Congress, could produce a conservative backlash.

John

Perhaps.

Back on quote of the minute, I just heard Chuck Schumer explain his
rationale for the 'non secret' union vote.

According to him the 'problem' is only 6%, or so, of workers are
unionized so something needs to be done to increase that number.

Think about that a moment. Why would a 'non secret' ballot help?

The only thing I can come up with, off the top of my head, is he
*expects* union intimidation and that's the 'point' of it.

Exactly. But unionization is self-limiting; just look at the US steel,
auto, and shipbuilding industries. Most of the businesses in the USA
that are prospering are non-union.

John