Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Problem using Akeda DT jig

wrote
It can't be the bushing. The test was done with pieces of baltic
birch from the same sheet and the same bushing. If it were the
bushing, the test pieces would have failed too. Not so?

I didn't plane the baltic birch, but it is right on in thickness.

I'm thinking that the boards for the pins did not go in correctly;
possibly something got stuck in there. I did clamp them pretty tight.

I will get back to it in a couple of days and report back on it.

I do NOT own an Akeda, but a Leigh instead, and have cut countless half
blind dovetails over the years.

That said, it would appear that the same "depth of cut" issue is in play for
cutting the pins of half blind dovetails with either jig:

With the Leigh, "depth of cut" is the deciding factor when cutting pins on
whether the half blind dovetails joint is loose or tight ... sounds like
your bit may have slipped.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08