Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kevin Poole[_6_] Kevin Poole[_6_] is offline

Default Boiler pressure sensor

John Rumm wrote:
Kevin Poole wrote:

his cold tap, either. The prv isn't stuck - I manually released it
OK, so what pressure do they normally blow off at?

Approx 3 to 3.5 bar typically.

Thanks for that, John - higher than I was expecting. Checking again in
daylight, I confirmed that the supply pressure is (unquantified)
reasonably high; that the prv does just start to dribble if the filling
loop valves are left open; and that the boiler display reads the same
0.4 bar regardless of the pressure in it, from very near zero to mains
water pressure. The only way to get a lower reading is to disconnect
the sensor from the main board, when it briefly shows 0 before giving
the expected F9 fault code.

It's looking like the sensor, I reckon. What on earth possessed them to
use such a sensor instead of a mechanical gauge and pressure switch?

--
Kevin Poole
****Use current date to reply (e.g. )****