Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Lament for the old time voting booths.

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
In New York we still have the old mechanical monsters with levers and
the huge lever that reminds me of an antique car hand brake lever.

God, you must live in the darkest part of New York.

That huge lever you describe is for situations where there is no
electricity !

Right, Here is CT we got rid of those old machines a year ago. We're a
progressive community.

Sometimes progress isn't a good thing. There should be no doubt as to
the accuracy of a voting machine. Since none of the manufacturers of the
Fisher Price electronic machines allow peer review of the software we
just don't know and can never trust them and since there is no paper
trail there is no actual way to do a recount or check. We had those big
manual machines until the last elections. In my state the county buys
the machines choosing from the list approved by the state. My county has
now purchased its second set of the toy machines because the first set
were found to be so badly designed that no one would ever approve them
for use even under the very loose requirements. The next county over is
on their third set of machines. The first two they bought were also duds.