Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] knuckle-dragger@nowhere.gov is offline

Default O/T: Lament for the old time voting booths.

rochacha wrote:

On another note, we don't have long voting lines as they're showing in
other states. Perhaps since we have many districts here, not so many
people are trying to jam into one place to vote. On voting day, the hours
are from 6am to 9pm. Maybe that helps,too. We don't have early voting
that is easy to perform. You better have a damn good reason for early
voting or they tell you NO.

Yeah, I too am in NYC and I never understand the problems one sees on
TV. Do they shut down the schools in other states on election day? Do
they pay the poll workers too? (There always seems to be a huge
over-manning.) I wonder what the turnout is? In my district, if he
were the democratic nominee we would elect Osama bin Laden. Maybe most
people don't vote here?

It's indeed a mystery.