Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Mark is offline

Default Sears Craftsman Lawn Tractor - Clutch/Brake Pedal

On Nov 3, 8:28*am, Claude Hopper
wrote:
bjbigus wrote:
I have a 10 year-old 42" Sears Craftsman Lawn Tractor. *While releasing
the Brake/Clutch pedal to the drive position, I heard a "pop". *Now the
Brake/Clutch pedal does not return to the drive position. *When I manually
pull the pedal back, the drive engages and the tractor moves forward.
What causes the Brake/Clutch pedal to return to the drive position? *Is
there a spring that broke or a rod adjustment that returns the
Brake/Clutch pedal to the drive position? *Any suggestions welcome!

bjbigus
-------------------------------------

Delivered via *http://www.thestuccocompany.com/

I bought a used one that had that problem. The spring was off that
returns the clutch. I found no place to hook it except over the edge of
the frame.

--
Claude Hopper * * * * *

there is a place, look on the sears website for the parts drawing,
there is a hole in the chassis that the spring attaches to..

as a workround, you can use a bungie cord...

Mark