David Hall

Default HUMOR: Getting even at Home Depot

cdg wrote in message . ..
In article ,
says...
B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote in
BITE YOUR TOUNGUE!!!! G

I attend many outdoor policy meetings as the rep of a mountain biking
group and this has come up on state and national levels.

There have been serious discussions to _pave_ trails to remote,
wilderness outposts, so that they could be accessed by folks in
wheelchairs, and others who cannot hike or mountain bike to the
location.

This is _not_ a joke. (I wish it was) It was told directly to me,
face to face, by a big wig in the NPS Rivers and Trails program.

Imagine the Appalachian Trail, paved...

Barry

...and with no more than a 1 to 12 incline

Dave

...for no more than 30ft with a 5ft level landing before the next
incline

Might work for the Kansas Trail or the Utah Salt Flats Trail, but I
think a lot of mountains would have to be leveled for the Appalachian
Trail