Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Grilled Shrimp

Pat Barber wrote:
Several years ago, there were "giant texas reds" which as I
recall were 6-10 count. I saw a 6 count one day and that is
a scary looking shrimp.

They all come from very deep water and most shrimpers don't
have the gear to go after them.

When I was in college one of the biology profs was running an
experimental shrimp farm. I don't recall what sort of shrimp they
were but they looked like lobsters and were about the same size and
the damn things would get out of the tank and chase people.

Swingman wrote:
"Upscale" wrote

reminded of an Australian TV travel ad I saw once where everybody
is
invited
to visit and they will put a few "shrimp on the barbie". Biggest
shrimp I've
found to date were at a local Costco. Not anywhere near the size
of
the ones
in the TV ad, but big enough that 1/2 dozen made for a full meal.

Biggest I ever saw in Oz were over 6" long (prawns). That's a damn
big "shrimp"!

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)