Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Do you call that "deflation"?

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

I was really hoping to avoid living in interesting times. ;

One thing is sure, I believe: Trying to hold it back, resisting change and
dragging our feet over necessary responses because they're ideologically
difficult to swallow, will only let them get worse, and maybe get out of
hand. McCain and his advisors have a streak of Hoover in them. They'd take
too long to recognize the things that should be obvious.

But I've already voted, so it's no use arguing with me. d8-)

Oh heck Ed, I wasn't trying to change your vote. Just like you never
really thought you
would change mine. I gotta tell you Hillary in office scares me a lot
less than Obama.
Not that McCain, given some of his positions, is a total thrill for me
either.

I wouldn't have voted for Hillary. If it was between those two, I would have
voted for McCain. She gives me the creeps.

If your guy wins, he has two years to make everyone happy or face a
backlash that will be
1994 on steroids. I believe he promised way too much and his recent
retreating isn't
going to resonate with those that voted for him.

Everybody promises too much. McCain promised to buy every delinquent
mortgage out there at face value, too. Both of them made promises before the
financial meltdown and then, apparently, felt they had to stick to them.

That's politics. I think that most of us discount those campaign program
ideas. I take them more as an indication of what their motivations and
philosophy are all about.

I have bought my roll of Tums for tomorrow, the question is how much of
the roll I chew to
knock down the heartburn.

Eh, it will be fun. You'll see lots of happy, happy people, excited as can
be. Doesn't it make you happy to see so many happy people? Both coasts will
be happy. Canada will be happy. Kenya will be happy. Even France will be
happy.

Happy, happy, happy. They'll be dancing in the streets, all over the world.
They'll be dancin' in Chi-caaaaa-go. Down in New Orleans. Way up in New York
City. Oh, it doesn't matter what you wear, just as long as you are there...
d8-)

--
Ed Huntress