Posted to alt.home.repair
Aaron Fude Aaron Fude is offline

Default Several "how to insulate" questions.

Hi,

Here's my insulation project and there are several instances where I
am not sure what the best way to insulate is. The wall that you are
seeing has stucco on the other side. (I'm in 19083.)

http://freeboundaries.com/howtoinsulate1.jpg
http://freeboundaries.com/howtoinsulate2.jpg

1. What's the best way to insulate those "void triangles" between the
wall and the roof?
2. What's the best way to insulate corner where the cinder block wall
meets the stone wall?
3. What's the best way to insulate around the sewage pipe.
4. Finally, you can't see it in the pictures, but for some inceivable
reason, some of the cinder blocks are on their side, so there is
basically nothing between the inside and the stucco.

I suppose that "stuff it with fiberglass" might be the right answer to
all of these, but perhaps using "great stuff" foam is a good idea in
some places here.

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron