Alan McClure

Default Clear Protective Finish

Fred McClellan wrote:

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 03:02:22 GMT, Fred McClellan
wrote:

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 02:41:19 GMT, "Bernie" wrote:

I am looking for the name and source of a thick clear protective finish
similar to what you find on a wooden pub stle table. On some of these tables
it is about 1/8" thick. No it wasn't the beer.

I have some recycled oak planks with big gaps in it that I would like to
fill with this clear finish. The grain figure in these planks is quite nice.
I recall reading a while back that it is a 2 part (epoxy?)

Something which might suffice is EnviroTex Lite, a two-part epoxy
finishing system.

Forgot . . .

EnviroTex Lite is NOT immune to UV damage, which is the case with most
two-part epoxies, and therefore not suitable for outdoor applications.

Cheers,
Fred McClellan
the dash plumber at mindspring dot com

If not outdoors, where the heck do you fly your plane???!!!!
ARM